Let’s celebrate soup day together by making very delicious and very healthy Detox Crockpot Lentil Soup. This is not that typical tasteless detox soup but it has yummy ingredients and served with parmesan cheese and bread. I know parmesan cheese and bread doesn’t sound like perfect detox stuff but it’s ok to cheat a bit because these things are not going to make any difference because they will make the meal perfectly balanced and other than these the other ingredients will help you detoxify your body in a healthy way.
This soup is also known as one of the most delicious soup made with detoxifying ingredients. Let’s have a look at the directions and ingredients.
Drinking this delightful and healthy soup in dinner can do wonders in your weight matters while promoting great health.
Ingredients for the Crockpot:
- Butternut squash: 2 cups (peeled and cut in small cubes)
- Carrots: 2 cups (peeled and diced)
- Potatoes: 2 cups (peeled and chopped)
- Celery: 2 cups (chopped)
- Green lentils: 1 cup
- Yellow split peas: ¾ cup
- (You can use more lentils as well)
- Onion: 1 whole and chopped
- Garlic cloves: 5 and minced
- Chicken or vegetable broth: 10 cups
- Herb de Provence: 2 tsps.
- Salt n pepper to taste
Things to add at the end:
- Kale: 2-3 cups (Removed stems and finely chopped)
- Fresh Kale: 2 cups (finely chopped)
- Parsley: 1 cup (chopped)
- Olive oil or rosemary oil: ½ cup
- Red wine vinegar or lemon juice for little tangy taste
Take a crockpot and place all the ingredients in it. Cover the pot and cook for 7-8 hours, if you are cooking on low heat and 5 hours, if you are cooking on high heat.
Now in a blender, place 4 cups of soup with olive oil or whatever oil you are using and start the blender. Blend until you get the creamy and semi-smooth mixture. Add this soup back to the crockpot and mix well with remaining left mixture. Add parsley and kale and stir well. Turn the heat off and let the mixture chill for some time. Serve this soup chill for better taste and delicious texture.
When serving, season the soup with sherry, lemon juice and vinegar and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with crusty wheat bread. This is actually the perfect and balanced detox soup. Enjoy!